Friday, July 9, 2010

First Post!

I started this blog in order to keep track of my runs as I train for the Marine Corps Marathon on Oct. 31. MCM '10 will be my third marathon, and I would love to set a PR. I love running, and I'm working really hard at getting faster. The name "Oats" is a nickname I got when I was little, so that's how the blog title came about.

My background: my first race was the Broad Street Run (10 miler) back in 2007. I've completed every Broad Street Run since then, and I finished my first marathon in 2008 (also Marine Corps). I shaved 15 minutes off my time at last year's MCM, but I know I can do better. I live in Northern Virginia, but I'm currently in the Philly area doing an internship. I just finished my first year of law school, so I'm really savoring the summer.

I don't have too much to write about today, as it is my day off from running, but I have a long run planned for tomorrow- I'm looking forward to getting this blog up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment