Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mixed Feelings

I go back and forth on whether I enjoy recovery runs. Today I struggled through about 2.5 miles that felt mostly terrible. I was supposed to do 5, but due to some knee pain that I developed after yesterday's run I decided to cut it short. While I like that these short and easy runs on the day after a long run loosen up my muscles, I hate that they feel so much harder than the long run. I'm still going to do them every week as part of my training because I think they're beneficial. My run today probably just felt particularly awful because I had just driven 3.5 hours up I-95.

And now I'm realizing how negative I sound. A run is a run, and I should just be happy to get out there, right? The temperature was perfect, the cicadas were chirping (buzzing?), and I got to smell the sweet summer air for half an hour. So really, I don't have anything to complain about. My legs will probably thank me tomorrow for stretching them out.

Tomorrow I have an hour swim planned. I started swimming about a month ago, and I absolutely love it. The rest of the week will look something like this:

Monday: 60 min. swim

Tuesday: 5-6 miles (speed), leg workout

Wednesday: 3 miles

Thursday: 5-6 miles hills

Friday: off

Saturday: 11 miles

Sunday: 2-4 miles

I better start getting ready for the week so I can get to bed at a decent hour. Maybe this week I'll get some morning workouts in.

No comments:

Post a Comment